tractors and equipment for 2016
FALL SHOW: September 8-11, 2016
2016 MRVSEA Tractor Cruise
When: Friday, September 9, 2016 9:00 AM
Where: Brady Show Grounds, I-70 exit 111, Boonville, Missouri
Route: Approximately 28 miles
• Leave from Brady Show Grounds at 9:00 AM
• Travel Hwy. 98 to Boonville Orscheln’s – 11 miles
• Travel Route B south, to Cooper County Memorial Hospital (loop around parking lot).
• Then north on Route B to Logan’s Lake Road West, Hwy. 5 South to Hannah Cole Primary School, then Hwy. 5 North to Sombart Road to Sante Fe Trail to Harley Park – 7 miles
• Lunch at Harley Park. Group 2 will eat lunch at 11 while group 1 tours the Mitchell Museum (see mitchellcarcollection.com for more information). At noon, the groups will trade locations with group 1 returning to Harley Park for lunch while group 2 tours the museum.
• Leave Harley Park via Morgan St.; travel Main St. to Locust St., left on Locust St., (past David Barton Elementary School) to 11th St. to 87 to Hwy. 98 – 11 miles
Other: We will have a rest stop at Orscheln’s Farm and Home, lunch in Harley Park, and a dinner ticket to Knights of Columbus BBQ at the Brady Show Grounds
Cost: $30 entry fee includes all meals and a ticket to tour Lewis Miller’s Mitchell Collection
For more information, contact Marty James at (660) 882-5633 day or (660) 838-6000 evenings. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
New MO Allis-Chalmers Club Building Complete
The new Missouri A-C Club building on the MRVSEA showgrounds is now complete. The club would like to thank MRVSEA and all of the A-C club members who were involved in the building project from start to finish.
2015 MRVSEA Raffle Tractor
1957 Farmall Cub
Thanks to all who contributed to a successful Raffle. The drawing was held on Sunday, September 13th. Congratulations to the following winners:
1957 Farmall Cub – Roland Schwoeppe, Villa Ridge, MO
Farmall 766 Pedal Tractor – Curtis Fisk, Nelson, MO
Farmall 460 Model Tractor – Joyce Storjohann, New Franklin, MO
2015 Commemorative Brass Belt Buckle – Ron Edwards, Bolivar, MO
Billy Meyer planting cane on Tuesday, May 19, 2015
Perry Brothers Blacksmith Shop
The Blacksmith Shop has been completed and is awaiting the equipment to be installed. The building is named after the Perry brothers, who were among the very first members of the Missouri River Valley Steam Engine Association. Stanley Perry was one of the Charter members of the club, which started in 1964. Stanley’s brother, Charlie Perry, worked on the MKT railroad as an engineer until retirement, so he was very interested in steam engines. Charlie made a very nice contribution to our club, which enabled us to build the Blacksmith shop. Brother Jim Perry lived in Florida, and came to the show every year for his annual vacation to spend time with his brothers. For now this is all the history on the Perry brothers from Earl’s memory. Earl plans to put together a story about the Perry brothers to have on display at the Blacksmith Shop.
Do you have historical photos, newspaper, or magazine articles
from MRVSEA's past, or a family project you would like to share? We would welcome any submissions.
2016 MRVSEA Fall Show
September 8-11, 2016
Gathering Of The Orange
Brady Show Grounds
2016 MRVSEA Show Flyer
2016 MRVSEA Gathering of the Orange Show Flyer